Pump’n Run Competition
Individual 5K entrants can further register for the Pump’n Run competition on Race Day for an additional $5 charge. Women who register for the “Pump’n Run” competition will be required to bench press 60% of their weight and men will press 100% of their weight. For each press, 30 seconds will be subtracted from the participant’s 5K time. Awards will be presented to the three males and three females with the lowest net times
PUMP N RUN BENCH PRESS RULES
1. Male participants will be required to bench press 100% of their weight.
Female participants will be required to bench press 60% of their weight.
2. Lifting Weight will be rounded to the nearest multiple of 5.
3. During weigh-in, minimum attire must be shorts, t-shirts and socks.
4. Proper Bench Press technique must be followed (see below)
5. 30 seconds will be subtracted from the participant’s 5K time for each completed rep.
6. Maximum of 30 reps (maximum of 15:00 subtracted from 5K time)
7. Awards will be presented to the Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female participants with the lowest “net” time.
8. Liability Waiver must be signed, prior to pumping.
PROPER BENCH PRESS TECHNIQUE
1. Back and rear must remain flat on the bench and both feet must remain in contact with the ground at all times.
2. Rep starts with arms in full extended position
3. The bar is lowered and must touch the participant’s chest. Bouncing the bar off of chest is not permitted and will nullify the rep
4. The bar is then raised until arms are in full extended position – this ends the rep.
5. There can be no more than 1 second between each rep, at either the chest position or the full arm extension position. A noticeable resting pause will nullify the rep
Waiver: All registrants are required to sign this waiver.
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby waive, discharge and release on behalf of my heirs, executors, and assigns, all claims of any nature, including but not limited to damages, demands, actions, whatsoever, in any manner, arising from my participation in the Run for the Roses Pump ‘N Run Competition, and do hereby release the North Carolina Roadrunners Club (NCRC), the State of North Carolina, Department of Health and Human Services and their employees, event sponsors, organizers, and volunteers from any claim whatsoever arising from this event. I agree to abide by all the rules for participation, and I attest and verify that I understand the risks involved in such a Weight Lifting & Running Event, and that I am physically fit and have trained adequately in preparation. I give the NCRC permission to take my photograph during the Event, and use in its publicity, media and marketing materials.